Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
Irulas are erstwhile forest dwellers displaced from their habitations; NDSO supports them in Housing, Livelihood and Education.
"Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya" is an Initiative to uplift Irular Communities thru Education.
- We realized that the community can be brought to mainstream only through education.
- Parents being totally illiterate and ignorant, the biggest challenge was to inculcate the culture of attending schools.
- The next challenge with the school going children was the reluctance to catch up with other students.
- We planned Community Development centers to makeup the deficiency, under the scheme “Thamasoma Jyothir Gamaya”
These centers help in various ways:
- Cultivate the Discipline & Culture among the Students.
- Maintain good relationship with their parents
- Facilitate us to understand the people and work with them
- Ensure that the villagers develop bonding with us which helps in furthering the development activities
- Aid as the Community Grievance & Development Centre
More about the Project @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1357AgGWcbBrULxFjwbm1uyMVR6uRM0Co/view?usp=sharing
Look who donated (0)
Build version: 0.9.9-08 -